Minimalist Tiki Basics
- Ingredients, equipment, and technique
A New Take on Tiki
Learn the technique, tools and theory behind Tiki classics like the Mai Tai and Navy Grog - plus 130 new recipes, all made accessible in Minimalist Tiki's 300 pages.
From the Tiki rums to garnishes to recipe improvisation, Minimalist Tiki covers it all.
130 original recipes from world-class bartenders and bars, including the White Zombie, Commando Grog, and Quarantine Order for plenty of drink making inspiration!
Beyond Minimalist Tiki
- Take your tiki skills and equipment to the next level
The Rums of Tiki
- A deep dive into cane spirits, styles, and flavor profiles
The New Tiki Vanguard
- Bars and bartenders in tiki's next wave
More than 100 original recipes
- From tiki's rising stars
Minimalist Tiki BasicsIngredients, equipment, and technique
Beyond Minimalist TikiTake your tiki skills and equipment to the next level
The Rums of TikiA deep dive into cane spirits, styles, and flavor profiles
The New Tiki VanguardBars and bartenders in tiki's next wave
More than 100 original recipesFrom tiki's rising stars
Within this 300 page hardcover book you'll also find:
- Advanced techniques for recipe improvisation, exotic garnishes, power tools, and more!
- 45 pages on rum, including practical, name brand advice for the essential rums for your bar.
- Ingredients indexed by recipe - Find what you can make fast!
White Zombie - Zac Overman
0.75 oz lime juice
0.25 oz simple syrup
0.25 oz passion fruit syrup
0.5 oz Don's Mix
1 bar spn absinthe
1 bar spn maraschino liqueur
0.75 oz falernum (John D. Taylor Velvet Falernum)
1.5 oz pisco (Macchu Pisco)
1.5 oz lightly aged/filtered rum (Banks 5 Island)
1 oz gin (Hayman's Royal Dock)
Build ingredients in shaker.
Shake with crushed ice, pour into a tiki mug. Fill with fresh crushed ice.
Garnish with an orange wheel, a mint sprig, and an umbrella.