Minimalist Tiki: The Book
- A Cocktail Wonk Look at Classic Libations and the Modern Tiki Vanguard
The book will exceed even the most skeptical reader’s expectations of what a cocktail book should be. -- Cocktail Book Reviews
Tiki expert Matt Pietrek of Cocktail Wonk fame demystifies Tiki drinks via a simple, ingredient-based analysis of classic Tiki recipes like the Mai Tai, Zombie and Navy Grog. (There are charts!)
Part 2 imparts advanced knowledge about recipe improvisation, exotic garnishes like Tiki fire and dry ice, and other advanced topics.
The book features 100 original recipes like the White Zombie, Commando Grog and Disco Banana from two dozen world-class bartenders and bars such as Lost Lake, Pagan Idol, and Three Dots and a Dash.
This hardcover book clocks in at 308 pages and weighs over 3 pounds. Also within, you'll find:
- An enormous section on rum styles, rum science, and practical, name brand advice for your Tiki drinks
- All ingredients indexed by recipe - Find what you can make fast!
Minimalist Tiki Basics
- Ingredients, equipment, and technique
Beyond Minimalist Tiki
- Take your tiki skills and equipment to the next level
The Rums of Tiki
- A deep dive into cane spirits, styles, and flavor profiles
The New Tiki Vanguard
- Bars and bartenders in tiki's next wave
More than 100 original recipes
- From tiki's rising stars
Minimalist Tiki BasicsIngredients, equipment, and technique
Beyond Minimalist TikiTake your tiki skills and equipment to the next level
The Rums of TikiA deep dive into cane spirits, styles, and flavor profiles
The New Tiki VanguardBars and bartenders in tiki's next wave
More than 100 original recipesFrom tiki's rising stars
White Zombie - Zac Overman
0.75 oz lime juice
0.25 oz simple syrup
0.25 oz passion fruit syrup
0.5 oz Don's Mix
1 bar spn absinthe
1 bar spn maraschino liqueur
0.75 oz falernum (John D. Taylor Velvet Falernum)
1.5 oz pisco (Macchu Pisco)
1.5 oz lightly aged/filtered rum (Banks 5 Island)
1 oz gin (Hayman's Royal Dock)
Build ingredients in shaker.
Shake with crushed ice, pour into a tiki mug. Fill with fresh crushed ice.
Garnish with an orange wheel, a mint sprig, and an umbrella.